Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable used in a variety of different ways from soup, curries, rice, risotto, roasted, puréed, even a cauliflower pizza!
This pasta dish is so creamy and delicious made with the goodness of cauliflower. A simple ingredient dish which most of you would already have in your home. Cheap to make and satisfying on the taste buds also with a dairy free option. Bon Appetit!
Creamy Cauliflower & Lemon Spaghetti
Credit: Recipe adapted from Donna Hay Fresh & Light Magazine
1tbs olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 whole cauliflower, cut in florets
1 1/2 cups milk, full cream or almond milk
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Dried chilli flakes
Grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven 200’C
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 mins
- Add half the cauliflower florets, milk, salt + Pepper and nutmeg
- Cover and cook for 10mins until tender
- Remove from heat and using a stick blender, blend until smooth then cover set aside.
- Place remaining cauliflower on a lined baking tray, season with salt and pepper and remaining oil. Cook for 30 mins until cauliflower is tender and toasted.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook pasta in a large pot of salted water for 8-10mins.
- Drain reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water. Add pasta and reserved water to cauliflower sauce and toss to combine.
- Top Pasta with the roasted cauliflower, chill flakes and grated lemon rind.