This would have to be one of my all time favourite kids recipes that I make almost every week. Originally a zucchini slice recipe that my mother passed on to me when I had children, now I have shared this with so many of my friends and now you all.
My kids just love having them as individual size muffins. It’s easy for them to eat and makes for a perfect lunchbox size snack. Another way of hiding those pesky veggies in a way they will love with sweet corn, ham, eggs and cheese. They don’t last too long in my house so making a double batch is necessary for me if you want them to longer. Freezer friendly, wrap them in cling wrap and pack them frozen by lunch time they will be thawed just in time to eat.
Zucchini & Corn Lunchbox Muffins
These muffins are freezer friendly place into a container in the freezer or individually wrap for easy lunchbox packing.
2 zucchini, grated
1 carrot, grated
1/4 cup olive oil or grape seed oil
1x 400g tin corn, drained
4 slices free range ham, chopped
1 small onion, finely diced
1 cup shredded tasty cheese
1 cup spelt or wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
12 cupcake cases (if using)
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add grated zucchini, carrot, corn, onion, ham, cheese and mix together
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and pepper
- Mix together until well combined
- Scoop mixture evenly into prepared muffin tins lined with cupcake cases or sprayed with olive
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and cooked through. Check by using a skewer when comes out dry it cooked.