It’s the first day of Summer here in Oz that also means summer bodies are coming out! Eek.. Are you ready?
Summer bodies are made in Winter right? Yeah Yeah we all lapse a little over the cooler months, motivation lacks, mood depresses and of course the cold weather makes you just feel like cuddling up on the couch with a hardy big bowl of comfort food and watch Netflix sound familiar?
Don’t stress you are only human but now being the first day of summer is a good time to kick start back into your healthy eating routine. Warmer weather is on it’s way so you can get out embrace the sunny weather and celebrate with some clean nutritious food that is low-calorie but still just as for-filling. You will feel much better for it and your bikinis will be thanking you too!
Here is a super clean healthy salad to get you started!
Chicken, Green Beans, Spiralised Zucchini & Rice Noodle Salad Dressed with a Creamy Tahini Dressing
A super clean salad to kick start summer
2 chicken breasts
2 tb grapeseed oil
100g brown rice noodles
2 zucchini spiralised
200g green beans blanched and shredded
2 cups baby spinach leaves shredded
1 cup basil and mint leaves shredded
1/3 cup toasted almonds roughly chopped
1/2 avocado cubed
Creamy Tahini Dressing
1 tb tahini
1/4 cup greek yoghurt
1 tb lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
Salt and Pepper
- Make the dressing by placing all the ingredients into a jar and shake to combine. Set aside
- Coat Chicken in oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a hot pan for 6-8mins or until crispy and cooked through
- Shred chicken with a fork place in a large bowl
- Place noodle in a small bowl and cover with boiling water set a side for 10mins then drain and add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Add zucchini, beans, spinach, herbs, avocado almonds and mix all together
- Add the dressing and mix through. This salad is best served cold